Monday, July 26, 2010

Did you ever see that Seinfeld....

where Elaine leaves her Doctor and her medical records seem to follow her wherever she goes? Well I am having the exact opposite problem. I am looking to leave my doctor. I found my new doctor but they won't see me unless I have my records sent over.

Bring, bring. I call my old doctor and say I want to send my records over, I am leaving the practice, I'm over you guys. They say ok, just fax us a request stating that. I do so. I call back at the end of the day to confirm the records will be sent. The woman on the other end of old doctor's office phone said that first the doctor (whom I want to leave) must approve of releasing the records. Then it will take 7-10 business days to mail (they won't fax them) AND they is a strong chance they will charge me for my records!

Is this not insane?? Elaine is trying to get ride of her record and I am trying to bring it with me, go figure?

No comments:

Post a Comment