Monday, May 24, 2010

my shredder is on the fritz....

Yes I know tragic for a professional organizer and Husband who likes destroying personal information in the shredder that is no longer of use. What are we to do?

Shredder was a gift to Husband from his siblings a few years ago. As far as I knew, Shredder remained unopened in box throughout our courtship and engagement. Shredder made a debut in March 2009 soon after our nuptials.

Needless to say, we are both serious shredders. The box says good for 10 pieces of paper at one time and has a separate slot for CD's and credit cards. The most be put in at a time I would guesstimate is maybe 4 or 5 papers.

Granted since Spatial Relations Consultants has taken off, I have used Shredder more aggressively in the past 6 months. Last night Husband could barely shredder one piece of paper before Shredder shorted or over heated.

I used to think my original shredder was the way to go. What was my original shredder you ask? The old fashion tear-up with my right and left hand.

So now we're in the market for Shredder 2.0. Curious for recommendations....

Below is a link to an interesting blog from the NY Times about what is important to shred, check it out
Financial Tuneup: What You Need to Shred
By JENNIFER SARANOW SCHULTZ
http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/financial-tuneup-what-you-need-to-shred/

No comments:

Post a Comment