Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A little something about me.....

I love ABC's Wipeout (sorry Husband it's not on the network that butters our bread; and I know you love the show too). It is funny to watch, it is funnier to watch with someone. I am not someone who LOL's in real life. I don't know what it is about me but my general response when I find something funny is to say, "that's funny." Take me to a comedy club and I will spend most of the night nudging your arm and nodding "that's funny"**.

But something about Wipeout makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD. I love John Henson, the co-host, when he was hosting Talk Soup on E!. I find the female co-host very entertaining, down to earth and beautiful and I think the contestants are a riot.

We first got into Wipeout in June 2009 while on vacation in Puerto Rico. We came back from vacation and found ourselves making Tuesday night Wipeout night, sitting in front of our fans (his and hers, as most of you know we do not own an AC by choice), eating our frozen blueberries (instant air conditioning) watching the contestants wipeout.

I was so excited to see the show returning this summer. It wasn't a one-hit-wonder. Clearly Husband and I are not the only two people watching it. They are back and now I want to be on Wipeout. I am not saying I can make it the Wipeout Zone, I am not even saying I'll get past the second round***. But I want to be on it. Husband said last night we should be on it. His enthusiasm has actually got me started on this post, professing my love of this show and desire to be on it.

It's not about the money, it's about the pure laughter and joy I get from seeing the participants run the course.

**If you want to go to a comedy club with me I can control the arm nudging if need be.
***I know I will get thru the first round for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps if you take off your silencer and the let the six-shooter loose you will LOL more.

    ReplyDelete