Monday, February 10, 2014

Snowed-in

With all the snow we've gotten in the last month in the New York area, it has encouraged me to go through areas in our apartment that even I have been procrastinating organizing.

Most recently I have been foraging through my food pantry. I make it a point to normally look at our pantry during my spring cleaning in April but since I had some snowed in time I got a head-start.  Lentils, beans, nuts were things I look at and asked myself, "will I realistically be cooking or backing with any of the ingredients?" Either way it was time to freshen up my supply.  I clearly labeled sandwich ziplock bags to ensure freshness for future use.

On a tangent this has led me to try recipes I have pulled from magazines and online and throw away recipes I thought I would try someday but clearly at this point I am not going to be preparing.


No comments:

Post a Comment