Thursday, April 22, 2010

Something old, something new

My latest find that involves NOT throwing things away but rather finding a new purpose for is.... a t-shirt quilt (www.campusquilt.com).

After staring at shirts that are just too old to be worn or worn down but have much sentimental value, I wanted to find a creative way to keep them in my life. Quickly realized my novice sewing skills were not going to cut it, I would leave to the experts I found online. Priced out various companies and compared their advertised work and narrowed it down to Campus Quilting. I have been very pleased with their quick response and timely delivery of the final product.

The range of quilt options seems to start at $250+ depending on the number of t-shirts and additional features you may opt for. I opted for the wall hanging rod so we can have the option to display the final product in a room or use it has something to cozy up under while emptying the DVR.

It might be an expensive way to archive your shirts but it is something that will last, free up dresser draw space and for sure be a memorable conversation piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment